Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Look Better Naked :: Week One - Tuesday

After a broken sleep, waking up at 12.05am with my 'night light' shining too brightly and busting for the loo - I awoke to the dulcet tones of my alarm at 5.00am.
With some internal debate about whether it was really all worth it, I got up, made myself a humble slice of toast with a 'scraping' of peanut butter and headed out the door.  It's quiet nice walking out and about before the sun comes up and makes you feel like you've got one up on everyone who is still in bed snoozing. Those in bed snoozing would no doubt be thinking 'that crazy fool' and thinking they well had the one up on me!
We warmed up with some passing of a medicine ball (note to self -must Google why they are called such), some press-ups (ew), some squats and running of laps then got into an upper body weights workout. Nothing too scary - two different routines, three repetitions of each 45 second exercise focussing on the chest, back and tricep exercises.  Apparently I'll be stiff for up to a week so I'll report back on that tomorrow.  I'll soak in a bath with vetiver tonight and see if that prevents rigamortise.  
The food intake is going well although I feel like I'm obsessing a little and constantly thinking about food.  Hopefully that will settle down once my routine is in place.  
After our trainer sung the praises of Sculpt bars this morning, I found myself sprinting out of the gym at lunchtime (I did a sneaky Sh'Bam class) and racing to find one of this little gems.  It was digested within seconds.  Note to self - must not get addicted to Sculpt bars; they have a very long list of ingredients with scarily long names which are most likely questionable in their origin.
So tomorrow I have to do a grown-up cardio class so have picked RPM at lunchtime.  Should be a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment