Saturday, January 29, 2011

Look Better Naked :: Week One - Friday

I decided to miss my planned early morning Body Combat class in exchange for a one-hour sleep in and a leisurely breakfast - it was Friday after all.  I made up for this by doing a mid afternoon Pump class.

It would seem I'm still quite attached to the rules of my Tracy Anderson mat workout DVD and am terrified of lifting any weight over 1.5kgs (3 pounds). This is very difficult to get away with in a PUMP class as a 1.5kg weight is the smallest weight in the whole gym and one is considered to 'not being taking the class seriously' if they stick to a single, tiny weight for the duration (most people are lifting 5 - 10kgs).  I can hear Tracy exclaiming "no woman should lift more than 3 pounds as you'll bulk, and bulk leads to more room for loose skin later on....".  It repeats over and over in my mind - I am conflicted.

Who is Tracy Anderson you may ask?  Here she is - the teeny, tiniest person in the whole world and trainer to Madonna, Lady GaGa, Scarlett Johasson and Gwyenth Paltrow.  Her strategy is to avoiding muscle bulking and creating a leaner, longer dancer's body.









































I've decided to find time to complete elements of the Tracy Anderson DVD in conjunction with my programme - I love her arm exercises and they really do work to get rid of those nanna-ta-tas*.

I'm still on track with the nutrition plan and have'nt consumed any naughty sugars for five days now - a record for me.  I'm looking forward to our 7am session tomorrow!


* Nanna-ta-tas refers to the drooping under arm skin that most Nanna's shake furiously as they wave ta-ta to you and your family after a Sunday visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment