Saturday, January 29, 2011

Look Better Naked :: Week One - Saturday

The early wakeup call was difficult this morning.  It's Saturday and Saturday's for me are usually reserved for leisurely antics - maybe some yoga at home, a stroll to Aro St Cafe for a coffee, then a mooch around the shops.  Being thrust into rigorous exercise at 7am was a shock.

Today's session was really hard - and painful.  It was all about the legs today - unfortunate for me as I'd done the Pump class the day before and my legs were already sore. 

Lots of squats, lunges and burpies (I officially dislike burpies; jumping into a plank, then into a squat and then doing a jump; we do clap our hands at the end when we do the jump, but this isn't because we're having good time). I also overcame my fear of jumping onto high surfaces with both feet at the same time (something I'd been terrified of since childhood) - so all in all a very good session!  I look forward to not being able to walk tomorrow but tomorrow is my day off and I get to indulge in gelato or a glass of wine. I feel like I've earnt it - for once!

No comments:

Post a Comment