Thursday, January 27, 2011

Look Better Naked :: Week One - Thursday

Another 6.00am session today and to my detriment, I went to bed way too late the night before (mesmerised by a documentary about a woman addicated to plastic surgery).  I manage to get out of bed promptly enough, have my toast with peanut butter (god it was good) and head out the door with three bags (I am becoming a bag lady)...

1.  Food - breakfast (muesli, yoghurt and blueberries), snack (nectarine, brazil nuts), lunch (spinach, tomato, avocado and chicken), more snacks (carrot sticks and some ricotta cheese).
2.  Gym bag - toiletries (I have to wash my hair this morning which adds to the never ending list of things I must take), clothes for work (please don't let me have forgotten anything) and walking shoes so I can walk from the gym to work (I refuse to wear my trainers with normal clothes).
3.  Handbag - my daily necessities including my Look Better Naked bible which I guard like a close friend.

It's a good session today with a bit of cardio and work on our core.  We started with a group activity (my worst nightmare) with a bit of ball passing - I managed to escape unharmed.  Suprisingly I also managed the 15 minute run without vomitting - the last (and most painful) three minutes being aided by 'Empire State of Mind' and Alicia Keys rocking the piano.

On the nutrition front, a few challenges like adhering to the 2 allocated fats and not eating enough carbs, but I'll work on that over the next few days.  Positively, it's been four days since I ate anything refined, white, sugary or baked.  The amount of protein I'm eating is working well to curb the pangs!  Low fat ricotta with a teaspoon of carob powder is a life-saver and my treat at the end of the day.

Right better get my food and bags ready for tomorrow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment