Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Look Better Naked :: Week Two

I've decided to summarise the rest of the programme into a weekly report as I suspect my blog entries will get fairly repetitive otherwise.

Week two started with a hiss and a roar.  I did a Body Combat class on Monday which I loved!  It's a great way to relieve all sorts of tension and you feel a little bit, well .... staunch!  Right hooks, undercuts - Rocky Balboa eat your heart out!

Tuesday's LBN session was good and even though it's only been a week, I could see my technique improving.  We've started doing a bit more cardio as well with some running on the treadmill.  Usually this is a struggle for me but I managed to complete the 12 minutes without stopping.

Come Wednesday and I felt a significant decline in my energy levels.  Admittedly I haven't been going to bed as early as I probably should for those early morning starts and it was beginning to catch up on me.  The Thursday morning 5am wakeup call was definitely a struggle but I enjoyed the training session - as painful as it was - which focussed on our legs with lots, and lots of squats and lunges.

As the day progressed I began to feel worse and worse for wear until I was hit from out of nowhere with some kind of nasty, debilitating bug.  The wait for the bus home was agonising and by the time I got home I felt as if rigamortis had set in.

It's now Tuesday of the following week and I am still unable to do anything.  I'm grumpy, bored and upset that I haven't been able to do any exercise for - OMG - 5 days!  This will no doubt set my programme back but I've managed to hang onto the nutritional aspect so fingers crossed the damage isn't too severe.  I am really missing the exercise which is a positive sign and can't wait to get over this damn bug and get back into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment